Small demountable manufacturer in Malaga Spain

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Ann AR

Small demountable manufacturer in Malaga Spain

March 7th, 2017, 8:49 am

Last week we found someone who manufactures pop top demountables just 10 minutes from where we work here in Malaga.
He appears to be a one man band and makes them to order so we went to have a look.
The company is "Truck Camper Europe" and he's been building them for about 10 years. He has a web site in a mix of Spanish and English.
We're not sure whether to go for a pop top or a "normal" demountable but as he offers them in different stages of completion the prices are very attractive. So unless something second hand comes up soon we may well be ordering the empty version to complete ourselves.
Whilst we were there he showed us a demountable that he was working on. He built it about 7 years ago and the owner wanted it converted into a hard top to improve the insulation for true cold weather camping. It was interesting to see how easy the conversion was. We did take some pictures if anyone's interested.
There's also a manufacturer up near Seville that we're going to try and visit before we commit to buying anything new (just got to find the time to get there).

earthman

Re: Small demountable manufacturer in Malaga Spain

March 7th, 2017, 1:40 pm

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures, a link to his website would be nice too.

saDgit

Re: Small demountable manufacurer in Malaga Spain

March 7th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Hi Ann, yeah, as you say Truck Camper Europe has been around for quite a while and his camper shells are very competitively priced. I did wonder about going to get an empty shell from him myself before deciding that I'd build my own. I think you'll find Uro-Camper significantly more expensive but I believe you would be getting a more robust, composite panel construction. Good luck whichever you go for.

If anybody else wants to check them out these links will take you to their respective sites:
https://sites.google.com/site/truckcampereurope/
http://www.uro-camper.com/web/en/biwac/
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab