Richie's North/South Lengthways Bed

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Richie's North/South Lengthways Bed

May 14th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Richie
How are they (Battens) secured at nose of camper, I can see they can just fix down at this end OK

zildjian
Site Admin

May 16th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Also, need a link to those shaped 'L ⅃' drawer runners?

Madmountainman

May 27th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Draw runners are on Solmer's website, follow the linky's on my first post. I screwed the battens to the ply using some M5 or M6 screws. They just need to hold the battens in place, in a straight line, whilst the 'Sticks Like Shit" or similar does it's stuff. Use the original frame fixing points as a guide/template.
Think very carefully where you want your slides. To the outsides makes it easier to climb in and out of bed, but centrally is more functional when in bed. I've found you can slide the seat cushion to one side and use one slide out if you want. The seat cushion just rests on the top of the seat back cushion, so it's all working out for me.
The really nice thing about lengthways, is the extra feeling of space as you look out the length of the camper ad not the side wall. It just feels more spacious and less cramped.

zildjian
Site Admin

May 28th, 2017, 5:37 am

Links, yep read straight pas them :)
Think thats my Winter job this year then, Quite agree on the layout though, its not really fair on the person in the corner is it, and those slide outs don't need using till actual lights out probably, I've moved the TV a bit further away in readiness as otherwise its closeness (on end panel of overhead lockers) might have been too close,

it now lives on side panel of Fridge and swings out on bracket centrally across camper