Tyre pressure sensors

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Mike

Tyre pressure sensors

February 2nd, 2017, 7:03 pm

Hi, just wondering if any one has tried these tyre pressure monitoring systems TPMS, I have one of the company car, which is OEM, but looking at something like thisTYREPAL

For the truck, looks like a good idea for keeping an eye on pressure and temp whilst driving, may give some advance warning to any problems before they get worse.
As ever there are a number of systems available with wide price range, but that particular one I found on eBay sAysgarth it's up to 99psi and covers more than 4 wheels
Any thoughts
2008 Ford Ranger 3.0 Wildtrack
Nomad ( Ranger ) Demountable

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Tyre pressure sensors

February 2nd, 2017, 7:40 pm

That looks my kind of thing definitely

earthman

February 2nd, 2017, 8:50 pm

I've never owned one of these kits myself but I do wonder if having the inner valve core pushed in all the time is a wise thing safety wise? If those screw on caps become faulty or take a knock from a rock whilst off roading for example, surely all the air will come out fairly promptly??

TrueDink

March 1st, 2017, 11:36 pm

My NP300 has the type that sit inside the tyre from the factory. They are integrated with the ECU. I had to clone them to have a second set of winter alloys. £30 a corner on top of the tyre price. :roll:
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

earthman

March 2nd, 2017, 6:52 pm

TrueDink wrote:My NP300 has the type that sit inside the tyre from the factory. They are integrated with the ECU. I had to clone them to have a second set of winter alloys. £30 a corner on top of the tyre price. :roll:
The factory fitted wheel sensors on my motorcycle cost £120 each so they sound like a bargain to me. :)

This technology is great but poorly thought out in my opinion, a button cell battery inside each sensor, once it dies a whole new sensor & programming of is required,....no shock that some folk have learnt to get the early versions apart and just replace the battery. :)

Mike

August 13th, 2017, 11:38 am

Well I did buy one very interesting to see how the pressure increases with temp, went from static 55psi (rear) when I left home with camper on the back, to 60psi in a stretch of dual carriageway over a few miles. If I had set them to 60psi would have been up to max pressure on the tyres at 65psi. It is fiddly to adjust pressures as there is a dust wrap and locking nut to undo before the pressure sensor comes off, but it is interesting and I think usefull to check and warn I've there is a slow leak.
2008 Ford Ranger 3.0 Wildtrack
Nomad ( Ranger ) Demountable