Storing camper on pallets etc

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
earthman

Re: Storing camper on pallets etc

January 17th, 2017, 6:10 pm

sabconsulting wrote:I have an old black and decker workmate and another similar folding workbench. I sit the camper on those and the 4 jacks when off the truck. I'm certainly not lowering it all the way down since I've got manual jacks.

Steve.
The workmate I own seems a bit flimsy, I only use it to support the weight of the tailgate whilst I'm unbolting it, it's just the right height for that. :)

sabconsulting

January 17th, 2017, 9:20 pm

earthman wrote:
sabconsulting wrote:I have an old black and decker workmate and another similar folding workbench. I sit the camper on those and the 4 jacks when off the truck. I'm certainly not lowering it all the way down since I've got manual jacks.

Steve.
The workmate I own seems a bit flimsy, I only use it to support the weight of the tailgate whilst I'm unbolting it, it's just the right height for that. :)
The workmate isn't that strong, but I have 2 of them so the weight is spread between those two and the 4 jacks. I wouldn't allow the camper to just sit on the two work benches on their own.

Steve.

rubberrat

January 18th, 2017, 1:15 pm

I use these trollies. means I can still shift the camper if I need to. Handy for me so i can store with the access door tight to the fence, and pull it out a cople of feet when I want to get in.
I have the legs just barely touching the ground to take weight off trolley tyres but will often give the the legs a couple of turns down if the weather gets rough to stop it rocking.

Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200