LED Bulbs

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Black Countryman

LED Bulbs

October 12th, 2016, 7:44 pm

I know that LED lighting has been touched on here a few times but I'm not sure how much technology has moved on in the last few years so I thought that I would bring it up again.

I've upgraded all my bulbs to BA15 21W LED's which are fine for everything but reading. I've tried both the cool white and soft white versions and find that I'm squinting after 10 minutes even though the bulb is positioned about 6 inches over my head.

I've searched the internet looking for 12v 15mm bayonet type bulbs which more powerful than 21w. Do more powerful bulbs exist or do I have to resort to wearing a headlamp and risk blinding my wife whenever she speaks to me & I look at her?

derestrictor

Re: LED Bulbs

October 13th, 2016, 8:33 am

Interesting as i havent read about anything new on LED technology for awhile, we have also tried both cool and white lights and frankly cant see the difference for reading but tend not to read too much after dark and watch a film or something instead

sabconsulting

October 13th, 2016, 9:22 pm

I need to replace one of mine that is starting to flash.

I've got warm white so they provide the same light as an incandescent bulb, but I do have a cold white bulb over the sink. What is interesting is that if you lie in bed and leave that light on, it makes it look like daylight is coming through the window over the sink, due to the light colour.

Steve.

rubberrat

October 16th, 2016, 9:16 am

Just ordered another set as the ones I first fitted were clearly on the budget side and started flickering after a month or so. New ones are the yellow panel type (techy talk here) . Let's see how these go. I find the LED ones brighter than the old halogen or incandecent ones previously fitted.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200