Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
cthodgson

Re: Winter Living

August 13th, 2016, 9:02 pm

zildjian wrote:
cthodgson wrote:
zildjian wrote:Image
Did you see that ludicrous display last night...
remember it so well I loved that show
We've been rewatchimg them on C4player whilst away - bloody genius comedy!

Fridge all working again, but relay still clicks on and off when sitting stationary with fridge not on, which the old relay did too. Me thinks the fault is elsewhere and the fridge malfunction was just a bi-product of the whole relay/fuse debacle.

cthodgson

Re: Winter Living

August 13th, 2016, 9:04 pm

DutchRon wrote:If you are able to talk a bit Swedish, or at least try to open a conversation in Swedish, you could ask this question on http://www.husbilsklubben.se, that is the Swedish camper community. These people are very helpfull and friendly, and approaching them in their own language opens many doors.
My Swedish is absolute beginner level but it's a great idea and I'll see if I can mash out a greeting and make contact. Thanks for the link :D

DutchRon

Re: Winter Living in Arctic Sweden

August 13th, 2016, 9:16 pm

If I were you, I would even contact Skarosser, you could learn from them, and they can learn from your experience, they could even use your experience for surviving a few months in the arctic winter in one of their products. They can use it as information in their prospects.
Veni, vidi, velcro.
I came, saw and stuck around

cthodgson

August 13th, 2016, 9:28 pm

DutchRon wrote:If I were you, I would even contact Skarosser, you could learn from them, and they can learn from your experience, they could even use your experience for surviving a few months in the arctic winter in one of their products. They can use it as information in their prospects.
An email has already been sent, just waiting for a reply. I'm hoping they'll give me a new camper for my efforts :lol:

DutchRon

August 13th, 2016, 9:33 pm

Am I still in time to claim a share, let's say fifthy percent, for the idea? :lol:
Veni, vidi, velcro.

zildjian
Site Admin

August 14th, 2016, 7:31 am

Golum might be able to help get in contact with Dorothea for advice, i've spoken to them but I know it was some years back and haven't needed them since, can't think of name now.

They claim to be good for sub-zero double figures anyway but will be interesting to see how it performs.

Quite like to make a note of Who's been that far North if anyone here has please drop me a note.

Looking forward to Rachels blog on this adventure BTW

saDgit

August 14th, 2016, 12:25 pm

zildjian wrote:Quite like to make a note of Who's been that far North if anyone here has please drop me a note.
Took our EC8L up to Nordkapp, calling in at the factory in Dorotea, back in 2009 but that trip was May through to September. Being a bit of a warm weather sissy I don't think I'd fancy was Chris is planning! :shock:

Regarding your original questions Chris: I presume your waste water tank is not heated. I know the tank heater is an SKarosser option and assume it could be retro-fitted fairly easily and cheaply - it's just a simple 12v element. I don't think leaving the drain open is a good plan - my guess is that you'd end up with a build up of ice that would quite quickly block the drain and you're just letting cold air into the system. I'd be inclined to leave the drain closed but to try and increase the insulation around the waste tank and then make sure you drain it at least once a day so there's no build up. Sounds like an exciting winter!
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

DutchRon

August 14th, 2016, 1:53 pm

These are the heatingmats I was talking about. 8-)

http://www.xtrading.se/tankvarmare/

Imagephoto libre encore!

Prices are in Swedish Crowns, 100 SEK compares 9.15 Pounds
Veni, vidi, velcro.

cthodgson

August 15th, 2016, 7:56 am

Thanks for the replies folks, I'll update this when I get a response from Skarosser. The retrofit of the water tank heat element sounds promising :)

zildjian
Site Admin

August 16th, 2016, 9:48 pm

Been reading up little on this by American's in Alaska in similar temperatures to what you expect,
they suggest one of these...

as best method of monitoring temperatures throughout camper/truck
I use these all the time as do a few of us here and really handy they are too