Amarok? (you might want to see this)

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread

derestrictor

Re: Amarok? (you might want to see this)

August 11th, 2016, 10:08 pm

is nothing safe :) mind you VW are in enough trouble at the mo without further fires to fight

Lost in the wilds

August 12th, 2016, 10:24 am

Ah, Zildjian. Nothing like a bit of scare-mongering. I think you'll find that a lot of vehicles are vulnerable to 'break by software'. As it says in the article:
"A similar hack found by the team works with millions of other vehicles including Alfa Romeo, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, and Peugeot."
So surely this might also apply to Ranger, Navara and L200 owners. Has the author got something against VW in particular?

A great many vehicles are also vulnerable to being driven away without a key.

I've always thought it's a good idea not to leave valuables in a vehicle - or at least not in view.

I also use a big, hefty, mechanical steering lock - generally agreed to be a very good deterrent. They might break in, by whatever means, but they're going to have problems driving away!

As to VW's other woes we're still waiting to find out when they're going to sort the emissions on our Golf.

Regardless of the above VW make darn good vehicles - wouldn't change our Amarok (or Golf) for anything else.

Chris

zildjian
Site Admin

August 12th, 2016, 12:53 pm

Lucky really Hilux are immune just now :D

but as always, best deterrent is time spent nicking stuff, put more visible obstacles in their way and it becomes less attractive a target.
Bought a hilux with a fuel tap fitted externally I often wondered if that was worth repeating actually

TrueDink

March 2nd, 2017, 12:58 am

As long as you don't want to go round a corner!
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0