zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Need to lose some weight/re-plating vehicle

August 16th, 2015, 7:54 am

6 1/2 days so far and counting

derestrictor

August 18th, 2015, 8:15 pm

Is this outfit the only way of getting the extra weight limit you need, cant it be dome with DVLA directly?

Peaky

15 1/2 days

August 25th, 2015, 3:28 pm

15, days so far and not gone beyond verbal communication stage
Peaky wrote:
Peaky wrote:Well, I took the bull by the horns & gave SV Tech a call this morning. I asked for Gareth as recommended & had a good but brief conversation with him, during which I advised him of all the work I've completed to the chassis, airbags & tyres. Upon asking for a turnaround date from start of the application to completion, he said that it would take approx 1 - 2 weeks & it would be at a cost of £320.00 + VAT :!: :!: :!: :cry: :cry:
He then went on to ask for my email address so he could send me the necessary paperwork for me to fill out & return with photographs etc etc.
This was at 10am today & guess what ??????? No email yet :roll: :roll:

To say I'm not holding my breath is an understatement :!: But as they appear to be the only company who overs this service, then unfortunately, I'm in their hands :cry: :cry:

So let's put the stopwatch on them & see how long it really takes :lol: :lol: :lol:

UPDATE No.1

I gave Gareth a call on Friday lunchtime to remind him that I was still waiting for his email.
After taking all my details again the email / forms arrived 5mins later with an apology to say that he must've got side tracked when we spoke last Monday.
I completed the form took photos & copied the log book & sent it all back within the hour.
I also asked in the return email about the price query.
So let's see what happens next :roll: :roll:

UPDATE No.2

I thought I'd leave it a week or so before I decided to chase up my enquiry with SV Tech.
So I've just given them a call to check on progress & I got through to a very polite gentleman who I'm presuming is the Boss.
On requesting Gareth I was given the reply "He's on holiday for 2 weeks until next Wednesday. Can I please have you vehicle details & I'll check the status for you".
On giving the details he then replied "Your vehicle is not yet on our system".
After explaining when my details were submitted he then replied "Well he was Very busy before he went away".
"I'll leave a note on his desk for when he gets back".

No apology ...............So Far Disappointed !!!

Why am I not surprised !!!

2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

Peaky

Re: 15 1/2 days

August 25th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Peaky wrote:15, days so far and not gone beyond verbal communication stage
Peaky wrote:
Peaky wrote:Well, I took the bull by the horns & gave SV Tech a call this morning. I asked for Gareth as recommended & had a good but brief conversation with him, during which I advised him of all the work I've completed to the chassis, airbags & tyres. Upon asking for a turnaround date from start of the application to completion, he said that it would take approx 1 - 2 weeks & it would be at a cost of £320.00 + VAT :!: :!: :!: :cry: :cry:
He then went on to ask for my email address so he could send me the necessary paperwork for me to fill out & return with photographs etc etc.
This was at 10am today & guess what ??????? No email yet :roll: :roll:

To say I'm not holding my breath is an understatement :!: But as they appear to be the only company who overs this service, then unfortunately, I'm in their hands :cry: :cry:

So let's put the stopwatch on them & see how long it really takes :lol: :lol: :lol:

UPDATE No.1

I gave Gareth a call on Friday lunchtime to remind him that I was still waiting for his email.
After taking all my details again the email / forms arrived 5mins later with an apology to say that he must've got side tracked when we spoke last Monday.
I completed the form took photos & copied the log book & sent it all back within the hour.
So let's see what happens next :roll: :roll:

UPDATE No.2

I thought I'd leave it a week or so before I decided to chase up my enquiry with SV Tech.
So I've just given them a call to check on progress & I got through to a very polite gentleman who I'm presuming is the Boss.
On requesting Gareth I was given the reply "He's on holiday for 2 weeks until next Wednesday. Can I please have you vehicle details & I'll check the status for you".
After explaining when my details were submitted he then replied "Well he was Very busy before he went away".

UPDATE No.3

A 3rd update on the Same Day !!!

The Boss has just called me back after he gave Gareth a call on his 'Holidays' & he has now put my truck onto the system & informed me that it will be completed within the next 10 - 14 days. He will also honor the £260.00 + vat charge as previously paid by our other members. That was then followed by an apology with an explanation of work overload & staff shortage due to the holiday period.
So the next step is for SV Tech to get in touch with me when they are ready for payment.

Finally Some Progress !!! :)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

martinjdover

August 26th, 2015, 11:30 pm

I'm so glad my Defender 130 is plated as standard at 3.5 Tonnes - 2.2 on the rear axle and 1.58 on the front. Unfortunately it also seems to weigh in about 100kg more than the others doublecabs but has a 1.4 Tonne payload rather than 1 Tonne. My winch/front bumper comes in at another 60kg - but at least that's well forwards and helps keep the front tyres on the ground!

I'd be going crazy with the apparent poor service of this replating business.

Martin

FinAde

August 26th, 2015, 11:41 pm

derestrictor wrote:Is this outfit the only way of getting the extra weight limit you need, cant it be dome with DVLA directly?
Seems to be and we looked around after our journey through it. If you read the thread previously they have a lot going on for a small business and are happy to be chased for individual results. I heard they mostly deal with manufacturer mass stuff so the individual guys get overlooked unless you keep pressing them.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

lamp-it

September 3rd, 2015, 12:01 pm

hmm, thats not really that good TBH sounds like they need some competition or at least do one aspect of the business propely rather than a lot half cock
Rob

Peaky

Day 15

September 17th, 2015, 4:53 pm

UPDATE No.1

So let's see what happens next :roll: :roll:[/quote]

UPDATE No.2

Image[/quote]

UPDATE No.3

A 3rd update on the Same Day !!!

The Boss has just called me back after he gave Gareth a call on his 'Holidays' & he has now put my truck onto the system & informed me that it will be completed within the next 10 - 14 days. He will also honor the £260.00 + vat charge as previously paid by our other members. That was then followed by an apology with an explanation of work overload & staff shortage due to the holiday period.
So the next step is for SV Tech to get in touch with me when they are ready for payment.

Finally Some Progress !!! :)[/quote]

UPDATE No.4

Thought I'd go down the 'No Pressure' route again. So I left it until today to chase my up-plate update.
I did manage to speak to Gareth himself today & I highlighted the fact that my enquiry was now OVER 1 MONTH old :!: :!: :roll: :roll:
He then replied with an apology for the delay & a promise of proceeding with the required paperwork tomorrow (which he has had for over a MONTH :!: :!: :!: ) & maybe some news sometime next week :( :(

I'm itching to give him a mouthful, but it's gonna have to wait until I have the new plate in my hands :( :( :(
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

zildjian
Site Admin

Day 35

September 17th, 2015, 6:26 pm