zildjian
Site Admin

Re: new one

December 12th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Gary can you send me those images again please

derestrictor

December 13th, 2015, 6:12 pm

I'm interested in pop-down design you mention, i think i your idea is worth looking into in more detail
so in use when occupied the lower half would drop down onto its own legs,
buy in order to load the same lower half would lift up into the upper and be held there (hydraulically)?

Kitch191

December 13th, 2015, 6:30 pm

Hello

When dismounting the lower half would be lifted up into the top half just enough to clear the truck bed with the same or similar jacks that are in the last pic. Then the legs would drop & it can be lowered down

derestrictor wrote:I'm interested in pop-down design you mention, i think i your idea is worth looking into in more detail
so in use when occupied the lower half would drop down onto its own legs,
buy in order to load the same lower half would lift up into the upper and be held there (hydraulically)?

zildjian
Site Admin

December 14th, 2015, 8:34 am

So that might explain the lack of overcab I suppose, an interesting take on folding campers i'd be interested to see how your idea progresses.

Wonder if the legs would remain attached, think they would need to be adjustable too wouldn't they still or would it be enough to have a series of holes drilled right through both tubes and add pins rather than a constantly variable screw like normal

Kitch191

December 14th, 2015, 5:43 pm

I have an idea for the legs as opposed to a screw but did think of different ways of making the legs adjust without having to crank them as I found it hard work especially on your own. A series of holes with pins would work but the holes may not be in line when downloading onto uneven ground & packers would have to be carried around just in case. I will see if the idea for the legs works first then let you know.
There is another version of the pop floor demount ( cannot think of what to call it) I have drawn with the overhang lower than the truck bed floor but it means removing the tailgate or the buck all together do not want to do that as it is needed for my work. I like the idea from the Wildmoor may think of a version of that for the future.

zildjian wrote:So that might explain the lack of overcab I suppose, an interesting take on folding campers i'd be interested to see how your idea progresses.

Wonder if the legs would remain attached, think they would need to be adjustable too wouldn't they still or would it be enough to have a series of holes drilled right through both tubes and add pins rather than a constantly variable screw like normal

derestrictor

December 14th, 2015, 7:18 pm

OR
a leg with varied heigh pin & holes but (at base) a short screw out section like on a scaffold tower

Kitch191

December 14th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Bought four of these a long while ago & made a tool box that I dismounted onto them & rolled into the garage to keep them safe, but mine have three solid wheels & are a bit difficult to move about but they would work as support legs.
I bought a trolley that you move pool tables around in the end to move it about & ended up putting that underneath it after I had lifted the tool box off the truck bed then drove away. Will take a pic of that could be adapted to move the demount about with in case someone is looking for some thing to do that with one you can still buy them on the dreaded ebay

quote="derestrictor"]OR
a leg with varied heigh pin & holes but (at base) a short screw out section like on a scaffold tower

Image[/quote]

zildjian
Site Admin

December 14th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Moving trolleys are always sought on here so send me a pic Steve

Alexd

December 14th, 2015, 9:35 pm

Like to see any more images of the plans if you have them Kitch

Kitch191

December 14th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Just looked on ebay under pool table trollies. Lots on there but as I say would have to be adapted by making them wider or making a wider top for them to fit under

an"]Moving trolleys are always sought on here so send me a pic Steve[/quote]