saDgit's flat-faced pop-top

Self builds and DIY projects
wonkywheel

Re: saDgit's flat-faced pop-top

August 12th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Martin,
what a beautifully finished build. So much to envy. Not just the weather, building conditions but your ability, attention to detail, and the energy you have in being able to complete the build relatively quickly (well compared to mine). Its a shame the lights let you down but hopefully all sorted now.

It's a build thread I will be rereading quite a few times to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Well done and I hope it gives you as much pleasure using it as it obviously did building it.

Now you have had some use out of it is there anything that you would have done differently?

Mark
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4

saDgit

Re: saDgit's flat-faced pop-top

August 13th, 2018, 7:53 am

wonkywheel wrote:Martin,
what a beautifully finished build. So much to envy. Not just the weather,
Thanks very much Mark. Not sure about the weather though - thunderstorms and pouring rain so far today!
I hope it gives you as much pleasure using it as it obviously did building it.

Now you have had some use out of it is there anything that you would have done differently?

Mark
Yeah, it's good fun to use but, being so small and without a fixed bed, the fun starts to wear thin after two or three weeks. ;) But that's OK - it was always intended to be more for fun than for long-term living and, as you say, most of the pleasure was in the building of it. If I did it again I'd certainly spend more time trying to figure out a way of including a permanent bed but I suspect, without a full-size luton, it would have been impossible. :?:
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab