WHAT PROJECTS DO PEOPLE HAVE ON THE GO DURING LOCKDOWN?

Self builds and DIY projects
kernowjon

WHAT PROJECTS DO PEOPLE HAVE ON THE GO DURING LOCKDOWN?

April 26th, 2020, 1:49 pm

Since the Lockdown began we have been "upgrading and freshening up" our old Sunseeker.
The 1990s window has been replaced with a Seitz window - the same size. So externally it looks more modern :)
Internal work has been painting the white surfaces - we did not want glaring white the answer someone working on a NuSurf told me was Acrylic undercoat. It does seem to work.
We have become dab hands over the years at upholstery - so the soft furnishings seat squabs, and backs, and the bed headboard are being recovered.
Before the lockdown we had fitted a new Propex HS2000 - then came "Lockdown" so holidays cancelled and it has never been used in anger.
My next job is to fit a new SMEV 9722 so this involves a new worktop too.

Jon

wonkywheel

Re: WHAT PROJECTS DO PEOPLE HAVE ON THE GO DURING LOCKDOWN?

April 26th, 2020, 2:03 pm

Sounds like you have been busy, but it only counts if you have photo's to back it up :lol:
I like pictures to see if there are any ideas that I might borrow.

You can see from my build thread, during lockdown I am just getting more done on my build, but I don't think it will ever be finished. It just means I can do alterations and modifications without the fear of running out of time as I use it as is. :roll:

Keep up the good work.
Mark
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4

zildjian
Site Admin

April 26th, 2020, 2:17 pm

The only camper related was to replace a broken rooflight I think so far, well it wasn't broken really just yellowed and brittle with age
and I'd meant to do it last year.
Aside from that its niggling jobs about home I've been putting off its since last great plague

(like I need reminding every single great plague to do something)

derestrictor

April 28th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Insulate the roof space at home last week. and now the weather cooled down! great