Stable Camper

Self builds and DIY projects
saDgit

Stable Camper

September 10th, 2018, 10:39 am

This looks like another bit of unnecessary kit but quite interesting if you worry about your camper when it's off the truck. Easy enough to copy if you're so inclined - and save a shed load of money in the process! :)

https://www.stablecamper.com/

Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Stable Camper

September 10th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Interesting, reading the title I expected that weird cradle thing that was doing the rounds a few years back, but no.

Think I once saw another one ✖-braced across bulkhead and its about time manufacturers contrived something for use off truck

Ogden scamper

September 10th, 2018, 8:11 pm

so when would you need to brace the legs like that (first picture) do demountbles need this extra metalwork attached to use them on camping trips?

mjb666

September 10th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Hi Ogden
I don't use anything like that when i demount the camper body, i just lower the manual wind legs right down as low as they will go for stabilty, i've never had any problems doing this.
I have also never seen anything like that being used when i have seen other demountables removed so i'm going to say no, you do not need to brace them but others might have a diferent take on it.

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

Stephen hemi

November 2nd, 2019, 8:26 am

Hi I’m now building a new demountable unit for my Dodge Ram and need some legs.
Does anybody have any secondhand legs for sale.
I’m also wondering what’s the word on the laws about them sticking out in the UK?
Also looking at this post I am really interested on what mechanism was used to fit the legs to the body from what I can see there is a hole in the body to take the legs but I can’t see any pics of the legs themselves in action.
Nice job by the way really great looking camper.