SKarosser Copy Scratch Home build?????

Self builds and DIY projects
wonkywheel

Re: SKarosser Copy Scratch Home build?????

January 21st, 2020, 8:19 am

Nice 8-)

On my list :roll:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4

wonkywheel

January 24th, 2020, 11:13 pm

With the continuing bad weather stopping outside build work, welcome to:

:lol: :lol: Wonky's Sewing Circle :lol: :lol:

The seat cushions have had wadding added to soften them a little. :roll:
One, (the first one) was made with a velcro closing, not a zip. It was not successful so that was replaced with a zip :)

The local fabric shop was having a clearout of end of rolls, CHEAP.
I got 8 meters of very nice material and 3 curtain poles with rings, for just over 20 quid. Bargain I thought.
It WAS until I decided to line the curtains and found I needed curtain eyelet tape, Eylets, and the lining material. Talk about a spratt to catch a mackerel :lol: another 60 quid.
Oh well it might look nice when done.

[url=https://ibb.co/ZcMsCh8]Image

It took quite some time trawling the internet and utube on how to actually do it. (having never made one before)
It took even longer to come to terms with the intricacy of hems and returns and make them fit the eyelet tape I had purchased.
It took just about a whole day, well one of my working days anyway, to cut and line one curtain. It is just as well there is more bad weather on the way because it is looking like it might be a long job.

That's one done although I do still need to hem the bottom and iron the seems (Hark at me :roll: :lol: :o an ex engineer)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

Camper aedificavit domum

wonkywheel

January 25th, 2020, 1:35 pm

:oops: :evil: :twisted:
Just been up to the camper to see how the curtain looks in place.
:oops: :evil: :twisted:
When you know, it is obvious in the photo
I have the pattern upside down :roll: :cry:

Camper aedificavit domum

zildjian
Site Admin

January 25th, 2020, 2:51 pm

M8, could happen to anyone, could be worse

could have been blinds instead right? :)

wonkywheel

January 25th, 2020, 5:39 pm

Ha Ha, yes
I don't think anyone would notice

BUT i WOULD

i'LL JUST HAVE TO UNPICK AND TRY AGAIN

next week if the weathers bad.

Camper aedificavit domum

wonkywheel

January 28th, 2020, 5:41 pm

An update from the Wonky Sewing Circle :lol:

Image One set of Eyelets with the right way up curtain

I will do the matching one before I Hem them. I will stand more chance of getting them the same length. :roll:

Then it will be 2 narrower ones for the side windows. (These are for bedroom privacy :oops: )

Camper aedificavit domum

zildjian
Site Admin

January 29th, 2020, 10:48 pm

Man of (very) many talents :)

wonkywheel

January 30th, 2020, 11:15 pm

Zildan,
Not really a talent. I am stupid enough to think that if I read the book, or watch it on utube, I can do it. :?
A "proper" seamstress or upholsterer would soon see all the faults. So can I but, there are acceptable, unavoidable faults and then the obvious ones like the pattern upside down. All an interesting learning curve. The second curtain is well underway and lessons from my first attempt encouraged me to cut another off the roll to get the pattern repeat to line up. :shock: :roll:

The already cut piece will be used for one of the side curtains.

I have enough material left to run up a couple of cushions too. :lol: :lol: :lol: If I can find a utube example. :roll:

Camper aedificavit domum

wonkywheel

February 7th, 2020, 9:53 pm

Just a bit more done.
I managed to put the curtain pole on the inside of the bedroom. The intention was to have the end pleats facing inward but it fits better with them outward. I think a few strips of velcro at the outer edges will make it look tidy. I have just got to shorten the curtains and hem them :ugeek:

The insulation foil will be the next inside job. I measured up ready to collect some PVC sheet to cover it all up.
10 sheets is what I need. I was surprised but if I can get seconds then its only £10 a sheet, but I do have to collect it from Bradford. Before I go I will shorten my roof rack subframe so that I don't get a repetition of the fiasco I had last time. I will also get another sheet of Stirling board for a sturdy base to avoid then having the opportunity to escape and create a large flapping sail.
I might manage to get them next week with a bit of luck.
Gales and rain to come will have me slaving over a hot sewing machine again :roll: waiting for the better weather.

Camper aedificavit domum

wonkywheel

February 11th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Last Sewing post,(well for a while, the suns shining)

I managed to finish the second bed curtain. I had to unpick 2 edges and redo as I had missed the target in a couple of places. Both were shortened and hemmed.

Image Ignore the crap in the bedroom, its become a storeroom at the minute. Filled with a mates tent, bedrolls and sleeping bags as well as my event shelter with sidewalls and a potential coolbox.

I'm not altogether happy with the length, or the end fitting and overlap but it will do for now. I think I will shorten them and cut one ring off each end to alter the overlap. Also, I may add a 20mm wadding roll in between the rings to encourage a better-rolled pleat :ugeek:

My attention needs to be on shortening my roofrack subframe as I aim to get the PVC wall covering this Friday ready to complete inside lining.

Camper aedificavit domum