SKarosser Copy Scratch Home build?????

Self builds and DIY projects
zildjian
Site Admin

Re: SKarosser Copy Scratch Home build?????

October 10th, 2021, 7:58 am

Diode (together with switch) in circuit 'prevents' backward flow to recharge starter battery,
this has been discussed in the past,
avoiding floods is a combination of securing fridge/cabinets/drawers shut and if you can locate tanks out of harms way in tub,
so much the better definitely, seen grey tanks in pipe form done like that, don't suppose its so much different for fresh water.

wonkywheel

October 10th, 2021, 8:32 pm

The greywater pipe option is a good idea. I just happen to have about 8 feet of 6-inch pipe that would be suitable.
I'll put that on the list :lol:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4

zildjian
Site Admin

October 17th, 2021, 8:10 am

Can't find the exact one i saw but it was along these lines.
Might be better if fixed to camper (if room alongside) for safety
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 08.08.24.png

kernowjon

October 18th, 2021, 11:37 pm

wonkywheel wrote:
June 8th, 2021, 8:37 pm
Thanks, Martin,
I might need rubber buffers as I have a 50mm thick piece of wood both under and at the front end. The tub height is just too much higher on the Wildtrack compared to the Thunder. I was going to put some 50mm square "Ali" box rails for the camper to sit on but I only had 3mm thick section left and it was heavier than the wood. :roll:
I haven't put the self-adhesive rubber strip on yet so I could still take the whole tonneau off if needs be. Its only 6 x 6mm Allen screws.
I'll see how it goes.
I have put two extra hangers for the turnbuckle to the rear so if I get a chance tomorrow I might do a test run and see how it all performs.

I take it the windows in the base section of the camper are for access to tie downs?
Instead of using box section or wood - both are heavy. Why not sit the demountable on 50mm Recticel - it is very strong - we had it under the tub on the HiLux and now use thicker 75mm on the L200. It is light and quietens the load as it absorbs vibration. It seems to be impervious to moisture and shows no signs of degrading, easy to cut and shape.
Jon

wonkywheel

October 27th, 2021, 6:00 pm

Strange?
first time I have had to log in for years. Either something has changed on my computer or the website? Admin?

Thanks, Jon, I have been looking at Celotex which I believe is similar. I do intend to give it a try. It is good to know it works for you as I don't do that many miles these days. I hope more next year as long as things keep improving, 8-)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

Camper aedificavit domum

wonkywheel

November 27th, 2021, 9:06 pm

With the camper off the truck for the winter, I thought I would make use of my old teardrop trailer to be able to move it about the yard without mounting it on and off. The wheel clearance needed to be catered for so I thought I would stand the camper on a couple of pallets. It had potential but with the jockey wheel so far forward and the extra weight of the camper( about 650KG all up ) it looked to be bending the 50mm box drawbar. The first stage is to move the camper back a little to get the CG nearer the wheel axis. Although with such weight I am wary of it tipping backwards. The next thing will be to reposition the jockey wheel further back.
Further work towards the Chinese diesel air heater fitting includes the purchase of better jubilee clips for intake and exhaust. A longer 70mm hot air feed pipe to reach into the cabin and a new outlet grill cover.
Picture when it stops raining

Camper aedificavit domum

zildjian
Site Admin

November 27th, 2021, 9:57 pm

Do you know which pipe you are using to extend the heating with?

wonkywheel

November 29th, 2021, 5:33 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384178175340 ... 2749.l2648
Thats a link to the one I ordered, for the 2kw
I have the 5kw blowing into the tumble dryer hole into the bathroom

Camper aedificavit domum

zildjian
Site Admin

December 1st, 2021, 8:45 pm

Well I had my 5Kw blowing across rear footwell of car and that melted a large torch (I'd forgotten to move)

I'm surprised a dryer hose has survived actually :)

zildjian
Site Admin

December 1st, 2021, 8:49 pm

That aside its probably one of my better purchases in recent years,
having a remotely controlled heater to completely defrost Hilux and come out of house to hot car on Winter mornings
makes going to work almost bearable